Urban Decay Naked Illuminated - (Not So) Luminous


I'm only writing this review because I don't want anyone else, like me, to be fooled by how gorgeous this "highlighter" looks. First of all, its not a highlighter. Its a "SHIMMERING face & body powder" but categorised under highlighters. All it does it glitter your face in patches. You have to scratch your way into the product to even get anything on your brush. It has no pigment, its sparkles. Lots & lots of sparkles. (Which also fall off within few hours of putting it on.) I wish I paid more attention to the reviews before buying this. But I like to give a chance to the products that catch my attention. Even if sometimes they turn out a disappointment just like this one.

as you can see its just beautiful sparkles
(keep in mind that I had to rub at least a good 20 times to even get this much product on for a swatch)

If you are looking for a piece to decorate your table, you wont go wrong with this product. Just don't expect it to do wonders. I figured the best way to use this product was just to lightly powder it over my actual highlighters to create a sparkly look on days that I want to feel like a sparkling princess :)

here is what it looked like when first received
here is what it looks like right now, scratched up and patchy, just to at least get something on my brush 




No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig